Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Event: Gwangju World Kimchi Festival

As WINTER approaching, it's been COLD in Korea LATELY. Some of my Korean friends said its UNPREDICTABLE these days, the temperature can DROP a lot and the next day is fine CHILLING day~As I NEVER been living in 4 SEASONS countries I wonder HOW they manage to the sudden CHANGE weather. Aha, now I got it, weather FORECAST plays important ROLE to them~ㅋㅋㅋ

These days I saw few of my FRIENDS traveling to KOREA somehow I'm NOT that pleased with them. ㅋㅋㅋ NOT much EXCITED like I used to be.ㅋㅋㅋ Anyway back to our TOPIC for today, whole WORLD knows that going to Korea WITHOUT tasting KIMCHI is like "are you SURE you been to KOREA? Perhaps you went to DIFFERENT countries?? lol O-o

KIMCHI known all over the WORLD as ONE of the BEST healthiest food. Even though, some PEOPLE will think TWICE before having it DUE to the SMELL or TASTE. (For those who HATE garlic). Honestly I'm NOT a big fan of it especially CABBAGE kimchi. Yes I know there are not MORE than 100 types of KIMCHI according to PROVINCE, but still I CANNOT make it as my favorite.ㅋㅋㅋ Like I mentioned earlier there are not MORE than 100 of Kimchi types but I PREFER RADISH kimchi or known as kkakdugi (깍두기) be it DRY version or NORMAL one, I can easily FINISH 1 small bowl alone by MYSELF.ㅋㅋㅋ

In Korea, the BEST season for making KIMCHI is during AUTUMN. Most of Koreans will GATHER with their FAMILY members during AUTUMN for making kimchi TOGETHER. You might think it just for a WEEK stock? You are WRONG!ㅋㅋㅋ The STOCK can last for a SEASONS.ㅋㅋㅋ No KIDDING! You ll see how BIG the container is and how many KILOGRAM they make EACH time!ㅋㅋ I CAN'T imagine MYSELF washing those cabbage ALONE for making KIMCHI.ㅋㅋㅋ

Long time ago, making KIMCHI activities only FAMOUS within FAMILY/LOCAL but these days they make such CLASS for FOREIGNERS too. This hands on EXPERIENCE not only BENEFICIAL to FOREIGNERS but showing how IMPORTANT is for KOREAN to PROTECT their CULTURAL/custom. Honestly I NEVER attend these CLASSES but if I'm GOING there again in the FUTURE, why not.~ Good NEWS is for those who PLAN or even have a TICKET to Korea now, they can JOIN this EVENT for hands on experience.

The event will be HELD at GWANGJU from 18 NOVEMBER to 22 NOVEMBER 2016. The event will take place at GWANGJU KIMCHI TOWN. This event is FREE admission but for PARTICIPATE it there will be participant FEES. For more INFORMATION about it, visit here.   






p/s: If you are big FAN of KIMCHI, you can buy it and brought home. DRY version or NORMAL one, are AVAILABLE at some AIRPORT DUTY FREE store. For those in Korea why not JOIN the event! I'm sure it going to be AWESOME experience!~~~

Source: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/ATR/SI_EN_3_2_1.jsp?cid=697371

Photo Credit: nerdygaga.com 
                      dokdoisours.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment